You and your customers can easily customize gift voucher certificates with custom messages and custom images - including your own uploaded image. Here's what a gift certificate looks like:
In this article:
- Set custom redemption instructions for gift vouchers
- Set which images customers can choose when creating a gift card
- How customers can customize a gift card
- How account users can customize a gift voucher
Bookeo provides standard instructions on how to redeem a gift voucher. If you want, you can set your own instructions.
1. Go to Marketing>Gift vouchers
2. In the Redeem instructions section, type your redemption instructions. You can also add your own personalized message here .
3. To insert the redeem URL - as provided by Bookeo in Marketing>Gift voucher, please click on the Insert the redeem URL  button.
4. To insert the voucher code that will be automatically generated by Bookeo, please click on the Insert the voucher code  button.
5. Click on the Preview  button to see how your message will show in the gift voucher. A PDF will be generated and will automatically download on your computer. Click on it to open it.
The part of the gift voucher with Redeem by and Value will be automatically generated, regardless of your gift voucher settings.
6. If you are happy with the custom message, click on the OK button.
In the Images section, you can set which images customers can choose when creating a gift card. You can select all the options or only some of them:
- Bookeo stock images: tick the Default images  checkbox if customers can select the stock images provided by Bookeo
- Your own images: if you want, you can upload your own custom images. Click on the Add picture  button, and upload an image. Repeat if you want to upload other images. The optimal ratio for the custom image is 164 width x 234 height.
- Customers can upload their own images: tick the Donor image  checkbox if the customer can upload his own image.
When customers purchase a gift voucher online, after their payment has been confirmed, they will be able to create a customized gift card by clicking on the Create a personalized gift card  button shown:
- in the purchase confirmation screen, and
- in the gift voucher purchase confirmation email.
Customers can type a message in the Your message  section and input the name of the gift voucher donor in the Your name  field.
- If you allow customers to choose a standard or custom image or upload their own image: In the Image  section, they can select one of the predefined images, or upload their own image. The optimal aspect ratio for the custom image is 164 width x 234 height.
- If you allow customers to use your image (or images) or upload their own, but not choose a standard image: In the Image  section, they can choose to use one of your images or upload their own image. The optimal aspect ratio for the custom image is 164 width x 234 height.
- If you upload your own images and they can select one of the predefined images: In the Image  section, they can select one of the images.
Customers can then click on the Create gift card  button to create the gift certificate and download it as a PDF. If they are not happy with the gift certificate, they can edit it and download it again.
If you create the gift voucher from your calendar, a purchase confirmation email will be sent to the donor and he/she will be able to customize the gift card by clicking on the Create a personalized gift card  button included in the email.
Account users can also customize the gift voucher from the Bookeo Calendar:
1. Click on the Create Card  button. A pop-up window will open
2. In the Message from the donor  section, you can type a message for the gift voucher recipient.
- In the Donor name  section, you can input the name of the gift voucher donor.
- In the Image  section, you can select one of the predefined images, or upload a custom image. The optimal ratio for the custom image is 164 width x 234 height.
- Click on the Create gift card  button to create the gift certificate and download it as a PDF. If you are not happy with the gift certificate, you can edit it and download it again.