Are you using another system and want to migrate to Bookeo? We prepared everything for a smooth transition.
In this article:
- Import your existing customers into Bookeo
- Set when you want to start managing booking with Bookeo
- Can I import settings from my booking system?
- Can I import bookings from my booking system?
- Can I import gift vouchers from my booking system?
Import your existing customers into Bookeo
If you have returning customers, you can import your customer list into Bookeo.
Click here for step-by-step information on how to import customers into your Bookeo account.
If you import customers into the system, they will have to set up a password to access their profile and sign in as returning customers. Their username is their email address.
Customers' passwordsWhen you import customers into Bookeo, the default is to not include a password, but you can create a Password column in your spreadsheet if you would like to import passwords.
If you do not include passwords in your import, customers can set up a new password by clicking on the "I forgot my password" link on the customer area sign-in page or during the booking process. If you do not include passwords in your import, we would recommend sending an email to your customers, to introduce the new booking system and explain how to set up a password with Bookeo.
Customers' history and notes
If you want to keep a record of your customers' history, we recommend generating a report using your old system. In your Bookeo account, you can add Notes about the customer: 1. Go to Customers 2. Click on the customer profile 3. Input notes in the Notes section. These notes are for internal use only, and they will not be shown to the customer.
Assign existing credits to your customers
If customers have existing credits, you can manually assign prepaid credits/money credit in your Bookeo account.
Set when you want to start managing booking with Bookeo
If you are using another system and have upcoming bookings for the next few weeks, in Bookeo, you can set a changeover date - the date from which you want to start managing reservations with Bookeo. For example, let’s say that you want to start managing bookings with Bookeo from December 15. If you set December 15 as the changeover date:
- When a customer goes to your booking page and selects a date before December 15, Bookeo will redirect them to your old booking system.
- If customers select a date on or after December 15, the booking will be made with Bookeo.
How to set up the account migration
1. Integrate the Bookeo booking widget into your website booking page. Click here for more information.
If the current system you are using is integrated into that page, you should integrate the widget of the old system on another web page without a link in the website menu or footer.
2. In your Bookeo account, go to account>account migration
3. Tick the Enable  checkbox
4. In the Change-over date  section, select the date when Bookeo will start managing your bookings.
5. In the Change-over address  field, input the URL of your old booking page. When a customer makes a booking:
- if the date booked is before the changeover date, Bookeo will inform the customer and redirect him/her automatically to your old booking system
- if the date booked is on or after the changeover date, the booking is processed by Bookeo normally
You will have to follow the same rule when taking bookings by phone. In this way, there is no risk of double bookings. Your old system will be responsible for your calendar up to the change-over date, and Bookeo for your calendar starting from the change-over date.
Can I import settings from my booking system?
It is not possible to import settings into Bookeo as there is no standard in the way services are created in each system.
We offer free technical support for the set up of your Bookeo account and we also offer an account set up service. We do all the work for you so that we deliver an account ready to go live!
If you are interested in this service, please contact our Technical Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. From the questionnaire, they will be able to understand how your business is structured and the services you offer.
Once they receive the questionnaire, they can immediately tell you if Bookeo can meet all your requirements and provide you with an exact quote for the set up service.
Can I import bookings from my booking system?
It is not possible to import bookings as there is no standard in the way bookings are created in each system. If you already have upcoming bookings and want to start using Bookeo, you can:
- use our migration feature, set from which date you want to start managing bookings in Bookeo
- Manually create these bookings in Bookeo
- Block some seats to make them unavailable for bookings
- if the software you are currently using features a sync with Google Cal, you can use the sync to see all these bookings in Bookeo and mark the resources as not available (for appointments, personal lessons, and Open schedule tours).
Can I import gift vouchers from my booking system?
If you sold gift vouchers with your booking system, and want to allow customers to redeem them in Bookeo, you can import the gift vouchers as promotion codes into Bookeo.
If you wish to upload gift cards as promotion codes in Bookeo:
1. Generate reports of your gift vouchers from your booking system.
2. Sort the report by gift voucher value.
3. Create separate spreadsheets for each gift voucher value. If the gift vouchers have different expiry dates, please make sure that the gift voucher code is in Column A and the expiry date in Column B of the spreadsheet.
4. Create a multiple coupon code promotion in your account, in Marketing>Promotions. Click here for more information
Make sure to:
- Import the spreadsheet for the specific gift voucher values. If the gift vouchers have different expiry dates, the gift voucher code should be in Column A and the expiry date in Column B of the spreadsheet. In the Coupon codes section of the promotion, remember to tick the Expiration date  checkbox in the promotion setting. If you tick this checkbox, Bookeo will take the expiration date of the gift voucher from the second column of the spreadsheet
- In the Discount section of the promotion:
- from the Discount  dropdown menu, select fixed.
- In the Amount  field, set a discount equal to the gift voucher value. For example, a $50 discount for a gift voucher with a $50 value.
- From the Type  dropdown menu, select the discount is applied to the total price
Your customer will be able to redeem the gift voucher code using the Promotion code field on your booking page.