Bookeo features a 2-way synchronization with Google Calendar.
Since every Android device (smartphone, tablet, etc.) also automatically syncs with a Google account, this method lets you also sync your Bookeo schedule with your Android device.
In this article:
- Enable 2-way Sync
- Set the Bookeo to Google Calendar sync
- Set the Google Calendar sync to Bookeo sync
- View your Bookeo calendar in your Google Calendar
- How to make changes to your Bookeo bookings
- Events imported from Google Calendar
- Sync timing
- Calendar time zones
1. Click on the icon in the top right corner of your dashboard
2. Click Google Calendar Sync
3. Tick the checkbox Enable 2-way sync
4. Google will inform you that Bookeo is requesting access to your Google Account to manage your calendars.
5. Click on the Accept button.
You can set which bookings you want to sync from Bookeo to your Google Calendar.
1. In the Bookeo>Google Calendar section:
tick the checkbox next to the Bookeo calendar(s)  that you want to synchronize with your Google Calendar
from the dropdown menu, select the Google Calendar  where you want to send your Bookeo bookings.
2. In the Group Workshops section:
tick the checkbox Sync empty workshops  if you want to sync classes/tours/workshops without bookings
from the dropdown menu , select if you want to:
Sync only main details or
Sync full details of each booking (the additional options, total price, the amount paid and amount due for each booking will be included in the description of the event)
Please note that booking options are included in the Google Calendar sync, but not customers' custom fields.
You can set which events you want to sync from Google Calendar to the Bookeo Calendar of your resource. Events imported from Google Calendar will block your availability for bookings for:
appointments in Bookeo Appointments
personal lessons in Bookeo Classes and Courses
open schedule tours in Bookeo Tours and Activities
1. In the Bookeo->Google Calendar section, from the scroll down menu, select Google calendar(s)  that you want to synchronize with the Bookeo Calendar(s)  of your resources (set up in Settings>Resources)
2. In the Gap section , from the scroll down menu, select:
- do not leave a gap, if you do not want to leave a gap before and after events imported from Google Calendar and bookings for appointments, personal lessons, and open schedule tours.
- the duration of the gap that you want to leave before and after events imported from Google Calendar and your bookings for:
Access permissionsRead access is required to see bookings in the Bookeo calendar. Read and write access is required to sync from Google Calendar to Bookeo. Click here for more information on Read and write permissions.
Timing of the first syncThe first time you set up sync, it may take a while for the data to sync. This depends on how much data there is to sync, and how busy Google servers are at the time.
Your Bookeo  calendar will show under My Calendars in your Google Calendar.
Make sure to enable it to view your Bookeo bookings/events.
Regular classes/tours  will show with the name of the class/tour and the number of bookings between brackets . You can click on the synced booking to see its details.
Appointments/personal lessons/open schedule tours  will show the name of the customer. You can click on the synced booking to see its details.
Bookeo will automatically import events from Google Calendar. These events will block your availability for bookings for
- appointments in Bookeo Appointments
- personal lessons in Bookeo Classes and Courses
- open schedule tours in Bookeo Tours and Activities
- Bookeo will automatically update your Google Calendar with your Bookeo bookings as they are created, changed or cancelled. Since Google Calendar does not show real-time updates like Gmail, it may take a while to refresh by itself: if you have your Google Calendar window open and you don't see the new events that were sent by Bookeo, manually refresh your Google Calendar window by clicking the Refresh link again.
If you change Bookeo bookings in Google Calendar, changes will NOT be reflected back to Bookeo.
Change your Bookeo bookings in BookeoYou should always change your Bookeo bookings in Bookeo, because Bookeo checks for schedule conflicts, recommended duration, etc. while Google Calendar doesn't.
Only events where you are shown as busy in Google Calendar will be imported. Other events (such as birthdays) will not be considered.
To check if an event will be imported from your Google Calendar:
1. Click on the event
2. Click on the Edit icon
3. Scroll down to the briefcase icon  just above the event description field.
Change Google Calendar events in Google CalendarYou should always change your Google Calendar events in Google Calendar. Any changes made in Google calendar will be synced to Bookeo, as per your sync settings. Bookeo will not allow you to change the events you synced from Google Calendar in Bookeo.
Bookeo automatically reads changes from Google Calendar every 15 minutes.
The timezone for your Bookeo account can be set in Settings>Regional settings.
To set the time zone for your Google Calendar (each calendar can have its own time zone):
1. Move the mouse next to the calendar's name
2. Click on Settings and sharing. The time zone  will show in Calendar settings