You can define your resources - staff and locations - in your Bookeo Appointments account, with their profile, pictures, specific availability and much more!
Using Bookeo Classes & Courses? Click here
Using Bookeo Tours & Activities? Click here
In this article:
Create a resource type
1. Go to Settings>Resources
2. Click on the New type of resource button
In the Generic name section, select the name of this resource type (i.e. therapist, consultant...) from the scroll down menu.
If the name of your staff is not included in the list, select other from the scroll down menu and input the custom name.
Set up resources for this resource type
1. Click on the New resource button to define the resources of this type
2. Input the Name of the resource (i.e. Kelly, Linda) and, if you want, a Description (profile, experience...).
3. In the Image section, you can click on the Upload button to upload an image for this resource. The image will be shown to customers when they make a booking if you enable the feature to let them pick a resource. Click here for more information.
4. In the Confirmation message section, you can type a Confirmation Message that will be included in confirmation and reminder emails sent to customers when this specific resource is booked. Click here for more information.
You can also set up a general Confirmation message for all your services in Settings>Messages. Click here for more information.
5. In the Available hours section, from the scroll down menu, select:
Use opening hours of the business if the resource is available during the opening hours of the business, that you set up in Settings>Time Settings
Use a specific schedule for this resource and set up a specific schedule for each day of the week
6. In the Special available time slots section, you can define periods of time during which this resource is available, in addition to the general availability set up in the Available Hours section. This is useful, for example, if the resource works occasionally on a specific day of the week.
7. In the Availability section, you can also set when a resource is available (main availability setting) or NOT available (annual leave, elective surgery...). From the scroll down menu, select if:
hereon how to create a new period availability or non-availability.
It is possible to make a booking for a service if:
the service is available. The availability of each service is set up in the Availability tab of each service, in Settings>Services offered and additional options. Click here for more information
the resources used to provide the service - for example, therapists and rooms - are available
8. In the Nickname section, you can choose a nickname to be used internally to define this resource and to make the calendar more compact. Only you and your account users will be able to see this nickname.
9. In the Enabled section, tick on the Enabled checkbox if this resource can be assigned by Bookeo to a booking made from users of your account or from your customers. For example, you should untick the checkbox if the resource no longer works for your business. Click here for more information.
The resource must be EnabledIf the Enabled checkbox is not ticked, it will not be possible to make a booking for this resource.
10. In the Notes section, click on the Add new note button to add a note about this resource.