Gift vouchers are an original and appreciated gift for most occasions. Gift vouchers bought online are also great as last minute gifts, when brick and mortar shops are closed.
In this article:
- Enable generic gift vouchers
- Sell generic gift vouchers online and from your Bookeo Calendar
- Generic gift vouchers redemption online and from your Bookeo Calendar
To enable generic gift vouchers - for example a $50 gift voucher -, that can be used to book any service you offer:
1. Go to Marketing>Gift Vouchers
2. In the Generic Gift Voucher section, tick the Enable generic gift vouchers  checkbox
3. Click on the New  button to create generic gift vouchers. A pop up window will open.
- Input the Price of the generic gift voucher, for example $50
- Input a Title (name), Description and Product code. These fields are optional.
- From the Taxes scroll down menu, select the taxes applying to your generic gift vouchers.
Most state sales taxes do not apply to the purchase of a money/generic gift card. The transaction is viewed as exchange of cash for cash equivalent with no additional value or service rendered. However, purchases paid for with gift cards may be subject to tax.
4. Save and set up other generic gift vouchers.
5. From the Limit per purchase drop-down  menu, select how many same-amount gift vouchers customers and account users can purchase.
6. From the Validity term  scroll down menu, select the validity of the voucher: how long the gift voucher will be valid from the date of purchase (i.e. 6 months).
If you do not want to set an expiry date for your gift vouchers, select forever from the number drop down menu.
7. Tick the Refund checkbox  if you want customers to be able to use the voucher if they cancel their booking within a specific time before the start of the appointment. Select the time from the scroll down menu.
The generic gift vouchers you have set up will show in the Available vouchers amounts table. You can also select the Default generic gift voucher.
- Click here to see an example
1. Go to your Bookeo Calendar.
2. Click on the Gift voucher icon at the right bottom of your Bookeo Calendar. A pop up window will open.
3. Click on Generic gift voucher
4. Select the generic gift voucher from the What  scroll down menu.
5. Go to the Donor tab and input the donor's details.
6. Go to the Payments tab and input the payment.
Click here for information on how to record a manual payment, for example a cash payment.
Click here for information on how to charge a credit card in Bookeo.
7. In the How section, from the Promotion drop-down menu, select a promotion that you want to apply to the gift voucher sale.
8. Tick the Send email: donor checkbox if you want to send a copy of the gift voucher to the donor.
9. You can click on the Print button to print a copy of the gift voucher.
- Only one specific gift voucher at a time
f the full amount of the generic voucher is not used, Bookeo will automatically remember how much credit is left in the voucher,
residual amount left from generic gift vouchers from the Customer Details card, while customers can view their gift voucher activity from the Customer Area.
- Marketing>Gift Vouchers
If customers use a generic gift voucher, unless the booking is paid in full using the voucher, Bookeo will ask for a deposit: a fixed deposit will be fully charged, while a percent deposit will be calculated on the price of the service less the generic gift voucher(s) amounts. This will allow you to collect the card details, for example to charge a cancellation fee.
1. Go to Calendar or to the Home page
2. Click on a time slot to create a booking
3. In the How section of the booking, click on the Add button and input the voucher number. Then click on the Ok button. Bookeo will automatically deduct the value of the voucher from the total price.
4. The generic gift voucher will ONLY show in the payments tab of the booking, under the heading Payment method . If more than one generic gift voucher was used to pay for the booking, all the generic gift vouchers will show.