Gift vouchers are an original and appreciated gift for most occasions. Gift vouchers bought online are also great as last-minute gifts, when brick and mortar shops are closed. Specific gift vouchers can only be used to book the specific service they were purchased for.
Courses where one booking is created for each class bookedIn a Bookeo Classes and Courses account, it is not possible to sell specific gift vouchers for courses, when the course booking mode selected is to create one booking for each class booked.
In this article:
- How To Enable Specific Gift Vouchers
- Sell specific gift vouchers online and from your Bookeo Calendar
- Specific gift vouchers redemption online and from your Bookeo Calendar
To enable specific gift vouchers, that can be used to book only the service they were purchased for, for example, a 60 minutes Swedish massage:
1. Go to Marketing>Gift Vouchers
2. In the Specific Gift Voucher section, tick the Enable Specific gift vouchers  checkbox
3. From the Validity term  scroll down menu, select the validity of the voucher: how long the gift voucher will be valid from the date of purchase (i.e. 6 months).
If you do not want to set an expiry date for your gift vouchers, select forever from the number drop down menu.
4. Tick the Enable even if there are no future dates checkbox  if you want to sell gift vouchers for events that you haven't scheduled in your account yet.
5. Tick the Refund checkbox  if you want customers to be able to use the voucher if they cancel their booking within a specific time before the start of the appointment and select the time from the scroll down menu.
Specific gift vouchers can't be redeemed to book drop-in classes in a courseIf you have enabled drop-in classes bookings for your courses, please note that specific gift vouchers are not applicable to drop-in bookings, only the entire course or late enrollment bookings.
Specific gift vouchers pricingThe price of specific gift vouchers is the highest price you set up for your service in the Price tab of your service, including special prices.
If you want to sell the gift voucher at a specific low price, you should set up a generic gift voucher instead. Click here for information on how to set up a generic gift voucher.
Once gift vouchers are enabled in your Bookeo account, customers can buy them:
- from the customer area, or
- you can integrate the buttons/links provided in Marketing>Gift Vouchers on your website. Click here to see an example
- you can integrate the gift voucher widget in a specific page of your website
To create a direct link for a specific gift voucher purchase:
1. Go to Marketing>Booking button and links
2. In the What  section, select the category, or service/class/tour from the dropdown menu. Category names are shown in between brackets, i.e. [categoryname].
3. Once a selection is made, the direct link will be category or service-specific. Copy  that link.
4. Append the to the direct link URL &buyvoucher=true
For example, a direct link for a service is https://bookeo.com/demoescape?type=3251KARCNH152543B15C5
You should append &buyvoucher=true to that link.
Your direct link for a specific gift voucher purchase for that service is https://bookeo.com/demoescape?type=3251KARCNH152543B15C5&buyvoucher=true
For categories, the direct link for the specific gift voucher purchase will show the category as preselected. Click here to see an example
If you want to integrate a widget for the purchase of a specific gift voucher for a specific class/tour/service, you should copy the widget code for the specific service from Marketing>Booking button and links.
Click here to see an example of widget for the purchase of a specific gift voucher for a specific service.
1. Go to your Bookeo Calendar.
2. Click on the Gift voucher icon at the right bottom of your Bookeo Calendar. A popup window will open.
3. Click on Specific gift voucher
4. In the What  section, select the service, and any additional options.
5. In the How section, from the Promotion  scroll down menu, select a promotion that you want to apply to the gift voucher sale.
Gift vouchers and promotions
Promotions can be applied to specific gift vouchers, unless:
you set a validity based on the time when the booking is created, and the gift vouchers is not purchased during that period (s)(in the Validity section of the promotion, you selected the time when the booking is created...).
you set a validity based on the date booked (in the Validity section of the promotion you did not select the time booked must be in one of the following and set a validity period).
7. Go to the Payments tab and input the payment.6. Go to the Donor tab and input the donor's details.
Click here for information on how to record a manual payment, for example, a cash payment.
Click here for information on how to charge a credit card in Bookeo.
8. Tick the Send email: donor checkbox if you want to send a copy of the gift voucher to the donor.
9. You can click on the Print button to print a copy of the gift voucher.
Specific gift vouchers can be redeemed by customers online, or from your Bookeo Calendar by you and the users of your account.
Please note that it is possible to redeem:
- Only one specific gift voucher at a time
- One specific gift voucher and one or more generic vouchers in the same booking. Simply separate the gift vouchers numbers with a comma.
Specific gift vouchers can be redeemed:
- from your booking page, or
- using the link provided in the gift voucher certificate, that you can find in Marketing>Gift Vouchers.
If you redeem a specific voucher in Bookeo, you can use it to book the service the voucher was purchased for.
1. Go to Calendar or to the Home page
2. Click on a time slot to create a booking
3. In the How  section of the booking, click on the Add button and input the voucher number. Then click on the Ok button. Bookeo will automatically deduct the value of the voucher from the total price.
- in the How section of the booking, in the Gift voucher  field, and
- in the Price breakdown