When you enable the Accept/Deny feature, and:
- customers book online: you can accept, reschedule or decline the booking request.
- you create a booking from your dashboard calendar: you can set the booking as a booking request or automatically confirm the booking
For step-by-step instructions on how to enable the Accept/Deny feature, please click on the type of account you are using to be redirected to the specific tutorial for the account type:
In this article:
- Accept or Deny a booking request made online by customers
- Create a booking request from your dashboard calendar
- Payment for the bookings
- Manually restore canceled bookings
When customers make an online booking, and you set your account to accept/deny booking requests, you will receive a booking request on your Bookeo home page.
Click on it and you will be able to accept or decline it
To accept the booking request, click the Save button. If you accept it, and tick the Send email to customer checkbox, an email will be automatically sent to the client, informing him/her that the booking has been accepted.
If you have set that you require payments to confirm the booking, the email will always be sent, even if you do not tick the Send email to customer checkbox, and it will contain a request for payment within the time you set. If you set that you want to automatically cancel booking requests within a specific timeframe if payment is not received, the timeframe for the automatic cancellation will also be included in the email.
Automatically accept booking requests when a minimum number of participants is reachedIf you set that you want Bookeo to automatically accept booking requests when a minimum number of participants is reached, you should not manually accept booking requests.
If you decide to deny the booking request, you can type a message to be sent to the customer.
Create a booking request from your dashboard calendar
If you create a booking from your dashboard calendar for a service for which the accept/deny feature is enabled, when you click on the Save button, a pop-up window will open.
- Click on the Accept  button to confirm the booking. With this choice, you are bypassing the accept/deny settings. Customers will not be required to pay in the time frame you set in the accept/deny settings.
If you want to always confirm bookings that you create from your calendar, you should tick the don't ask again. Always accept immediately  checkbox
- Click on the Save changes, but do not accept yet  button to save the booking as a booking request that you can later accept or deny. With this choice, the accept/deny settings will apply as if the customer had made a booking request online.
- go to account>your preferences
- in the Booking section, select ask whether to accept
If you have set to collect a deposit or full payment to confirm the booking, and the payment is not received within the time you set, depending on your settings:
- If you have set to cancel the booking: the booking will be automatically canceled (you and the customer will receive a confirmation of the cancellation)
- If you have set to notify you: Bookeo will notify you and the customer that the payment is overdue
You can manually restore a booking that was automatically canceled by the system, for example, if the customer calls you to make a payment after the automatic cancellation.
- Click on the booking to open it
- Click on the Restore link
- Click on the Restore the booking button