Bookeo can integrate seamlessly with your Google Analytics tracking, and even follow your customers progress as they navigate from traffic sources to your web site and in your booking page.
In this article:
- The main benefits of this integration
- If you don't have a Google Analytics account yet
- If you already have a Google Analytics account
- you can track the full path that your customers follow from your web site into the booking process
- you can identify the traffic sources that result in more conversions
- you can optimize your site and booking pages (pictures, descriptions options) to achieve higher conversion rates
- since Bookeo also uses Google Analytics e-commerce tracking, you can measure the conversion rates of your AdWords campaigns and their ROI (Return on Investment)
Follow these instructions to integrate Bookeo with your Google Analytics account
If you don't have an account, create one for free at http://www.google.com/analytics/
Then follow this tutorial to integrate Bookeo with Google Analytics 4.
There are essentially 3 versions of Google Analytics you may be using.
Google Classic Analytics is a very old version, and has been deprecated by Google since at least 2016. Bookeo no longer supports this version.
Google Universal Analytics was introduced by Google in 2013. Many web sites still use this version of Google Analytics. Bookeo supports this version of Google Analytics.
Google Analytics 4 was introduced by Google in 2020. Since 2021, this is the version that Google recommends, and is also the default version if you create a new Analytics account. This is also the version recommended by Bookeo.
If the tracking code in your web site looks like this:
var _gaq = _gaq || ;
then you're using the Google Classic Analytics. In this case, we recommend upgrading to Google Analytics 4.
If the tracking code in your website contains a line like this:
<script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=UA-....."></script>
or if in your CMS/editor settings you use a "Tracking ID" that starts with "UA-", then you're using Google Universal Analytics. In this case, follow this tutorial to integrate Bookeo with Google Universal Analytics. You can also consider upgrading to Google Analytics 4 for improved event tracking, and built-in Adwords integration.
If the tracking code in your web site contains a line like this:
<script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=G-........."></script>
or if in your CMS/editor settings you use a "Measurement ID" that starts with "G-", then you're using Google Analytics 4. In this case, follow this tutorial to integrate Bookeo with Google Analytics 4.