We are thrilled to announce a new customer interface for Bookeo! The new customer interface is modern, sleek, and some features are now more intuitive.
The features and functionalities introduced with the new interface put you in full control to customize your customer-facing booking experience. This article provides a detailed list and overview of all the new features and functionalities.
In this article:
- Design changes
- New layouts for the booking mode where customers select the service/class/tour first
- Upcoming classes/activities booking page
- Controls and inputs
- Additional options
- Gift voucher purchase pages
- Launch bar
- Checkout page and payment options
- Other functionalities
- How to test the new interface
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Look & feel. The entire look & feel is completely new, and highly customizable
- Style of the corners. Different corner styles, from rounded to square corners/buttons. Click here to learn more
- Elements color. Extended color settings to control the color of all elements
- Theme colors. Predefined color themes to easily pick one of several predefined palettes for high readability, and native support for dark themes/backgrounds. Click here to learn more
- Google Fonts. Native integration with Google Fonts. Click here to learn more
New layouts for the booking mode where customers select the service/class/tour first
- Booking page. The page where customers select the type of service or activity now has 3 layouts supported:
- layout with categories on the left, and description with a big image on the right
- layout with categories on the left, and description with a small image on the right, and
- a grid layout with background images
- Time and participants selection page. the page where customers pick a time after selecting the type of service/activity has now 4 different layout options. Click here to learn more
Upcoming classes/activities booking page
- Design. The design of this booking page layout has been enhanced
- Filters. The filters section at the top of the booking page can now be hidden by default. With a single click, the filters' visibility will toggle to display available filters.
- Thumbnails. Support for activity thumbnail pictures/icons. Click here to learn more
- Mobile interface. Redesigned layout for mobile devices
- Floating date. A floating date header has been added to improve readability in long lists
- Special events. Names and thumbnails can be set for every special event date/time. Click here to learn more
Controls and inputs
- Participants number selector. Controls to input people numbers are now easier to use and provide more visual clues about allowed values
- Real-time validation. All inputs have been redesigned and include real-time validation
- Photo/video gallery. A new automatic photos/video slideshow makes it easier for customers to see more about your services
- Additional options images. Support for images for all additional options types and option choices
- “Compact” mode for checkbox options. To easily select service combinations from a menu. Click here to learn more
Gift voucher purchase pages
- Gift voucher pages. The page where customers select the gift voucher type and the generic gift voucher selection page have been redesigned.
- Launch bar. The start page of the booking process can now display a “launch bar” with buttons to access the most common non-booking functions, such as gift vouchers, prepaid packages, memberships. Click here to learn more
- Prepaid packages and memberships. Customers no longer have to log in into the customer area to view prepaid packages and memberships.
Checkout page and payment options
- Checkout. The checkout page now shows all payment methods including Pay later, in the same section.
- Per person price. Option to show per person prices when customers select the number of participants. Click here to learn more
- Google Sign In. Support for “Sign in with Google” button. Click here to learn more
How to test the new interface
To test the new interface:
1. Go to Settings>Colors and Styles
2. In the Interface section, select modern
You will be able to edit all settings specific for the new interface.
To test the settings without saving any changes, click on the Test booking button.
If you click Save the changes will be applied and will be used for all your customers. Please remember this is a beta, so we recommend testing all processes to ensure everything displays correctly for your account, before switching permanently.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I lose my settings for the old interface if I switch to the new interface?
No. Even if you save changes for the modern interface, all settings for the “classic” interface will be preserved, so you can revert to the classic interface without losing your old settings.
Can I use custom CSS in the new interface?
Custom CSS is no longer supported in the modern interface. The underlying CSS structure is much more complex in the modern interface, increasing the risk of problems and side effects being caused by custom CSS rules. Additionally, 99% of the custom CSS rules currently used are to stylize buttons, slightly change layouts or support dark backgrounds – all this is now supported natively in the modern interface, without the need for additional CSS.
One of the main reasons that held back improvements in the “classic” interface was the risk of conflict with custom CSS rules. Not having the need to keep this backward compatibility in the modern interface will allow us to keep updating it in the future much more often.
What will happen to the old interface?
Development for the “classic” interface has ended, but it is still supported. Eventually, we will discontinue support for the “classic” interface, so that only the “modern” interface will remain. No exact date has been decided yet, but we will inform you with ample advance notice (several months at least) so that you will have plenty of time to switch.
In any case, switching interface only takes a minute, and we are confident you will want to switch sooner rather than later anyway!
I have encountered an issue/would like to make a suggestion
To report issues, make suggestions or ask any questions regarding the new interface, simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org