Family accounts let families use one account to make bookings for all their family members. With family accounts, the customer (family account owner) can book and manage bookings for multiple participants (family members) by using just one login.
In this article:
- Enable family accounts
- How can customers create a family account?
- How can customers and account users make bookings for a family member under their family account?
- Can all the family members manage the family account?
Enable family accounts
To enable family accounts, you have to set that you want to collect details of participants to a booking, by ticking the Ask for the details of every participant  checkbox
- in the People tab of your class/tour/workshop settings page, for Bookeo Classes and Courses and Bookeo Tours and Activities
- in Settings>Number of people and people categories in Bookeo Appointments
From the First participant  and Other participant  dropdown list menu, you can select if:
- you want to force customers to make a selection
- the participant is the customer (family account owner), select myself (unless child or infant)
- the participant is another person, for example, a family member, select (new person)
For example, if you offer classes for children, you may want to select new person for First participant  and Other participant .
How can customers create a family account?
When a customer or account users make a booking for a participant (family member), the system will automatically create a customer profile for the customer, and a linked participant for the family member.
Which family members' details can I collect?
By default, the system will ask for:
- the customer's name and email address, and
- the participants' name
You can collect more customer and participant details. You can learn more here.
How can customers and account users make bookings for a family member under their family account?
When customers or account users create a booking, in the Participants section, from the Select  dropdown menu, they can select if the booking is for:
- the customer himself/herself
- a participant/family member already linked to the customer
- a new participant
Which name shows for bookings in the calendar?
You can set to show the customer's name or the participant's name for bookings in the calendar.
1. Go to Settings>Booking Preferences
2. In the Booking Title section, from the Booking title  dropdown menu, select if you want to show the name of the first participant or the customer's name
Where participants linked to a customer show
If you want to see participants linked to a customer:
1. Go to Customers
2. Type the name of the participant in the Search  box
3. Bookeo will show the names of customers or participants  with that name, and the name of the customer  who made the booking between brackets
4. Click on the customer record to see the participant and all her/his bookings.
Prepaid packages and family accounts
Prepaid packages are shared between the customer (family account owner) and participants (family members).
However, in the Prepaid package setting, in the Conditions section, from the Person category dropdown menu, you can set that the prepaid package can only be applied to bookings for a specific people category, for example, adults or children.
Memberships and family accounts
Memberships are shared between the customer (family account owner) and participants (family members). If the customer (family account owner) signs up for a membership, all the participants (family members) become members as well.
Can all the family members manage the family account?
Only the customer (family account owner) can log into the Bookeo account with his/her email address and password, make bookings and manage the account information on their own. Participants can not log into the account with their email address.