Sometimes customers want to put a recurring membership on hold, for example, due to travel or illness.
You can pause recurring membership payments for a customer, and also set a date when the membership will automatically start again, without requiring customers to enroll in a new membership.
During the pause, no recurring payments will be processed, and the customer will not be considered a member.
In your Bookeo dashboard:
1. Go to Customers
2. Click on the customer profile
3. Scroll down to the Membership section, where the membership details - Automatic renewal  date and membership rate  - show.
4. Tick the Pause  checkbox
5. Set a schedule  for the membership pause:
- From the From date picker, select the date when you want to start pausing the membership
- From the To date picker, select the date when the pause ends. On this date, the customer will still not be a member. The customer will be considered a member starting from the following day
- From the Next payment date picker, select the date when you want to resume the membership payments. Subsequent payments will be taken at the usual interval starting from this date
6. Click on the Save button
7. If you click on the customer profile again, then scroll down to the Membership section, you will see the schedule  for the membership pause and the scheduled date for the next payment 
Similarly, if the customer tries to book a members-only activity for a date when his membership is paused, Bookeo will display an error message, since the customer is not a member on that date.