You can integrate Stripe with Bookeo to accept online payments.
In this article:
- Set up the integration with Stripe
- Enable alternative payment methods
Set up the integration with Stripe
To use Stripe as your payment gateway, log into your Bookeo Account:
1. Click on Settings>Online Payments
2. From the Payment gateway  scroll down menu, select Stripe.
3. In the Account details section, select:
- I want to create a new Stripe account 
You will be redirected to Stripe's sign up page. Fill in the page to set up your account with Stripe. It only takes a few minutes!
New EEA accountsBeginning on June 4, 2021, new accounts created in the EEA may require successful business and identity verification prior to their first charge. For further information, please contact the Stripe Support Team here.
- I already have a Stripe account 
You will be redirected to Stripe's sign in page. Click on the Connect my Stripe account button to integrate your Stripe account with Bookeo.
4. Click on the Ok button
5. You will be prompted to input your Bookeo password to confirm the payment gateway integration. Input the password and click Ok.
Stripe API KeyThe Stripe API Key you will see in Settings>Online payments is an API key generated by Stripe exclusively for Bookeo. This API Key is different from the public API Key you see in your Stripe control panel.
Enable alternative payment methods
With Stripe, you can offer checkout payment options such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, Klarna, and Alipay to your customers, in addition to credit card payments. Here are the alternative payment methods you can offer with Stripe:
- Bank redirects: Bancontact, EPS, giropay, iDEAL, FPX and P24
- Buy now, pay later: Klarna
- Real-time payments: Paynow
- Wallets: Apple Pay, Google Pay, Alipay, WeChat, and GrabPay
To enable alternative payment methods:
1. In your Stripe dashboard, enable payment methods following these steps here
2. In your Bookeo dashboard, in Settings>Online payments, in the Alternative payment methods section, tick the Enable  checkbox. Apple pay and Google Pay will be enabled by default. If you wish to accept other payment methods, tick the checkbox  next to them. Make sure that the selected payment methods are also enabled in your Stripe dashboard.
3. Click Ok. For security reasons, you will be required to input your Bookeo password.
Please remember that not every payment method is available in every country or for every currency. Bookeo will not show the option to enable payment methods that are not available for your country and/or currency.
If you enable alternative payment methods, when your customers make a booking online, these payment options will show at checkout, in addition to the other payment options you offer.
When customers select the additional payment methods, they will be redirected to the Stripe Checkout page to complete their payment. They will be automatically redirected back to your booking confirmation page after the payment.
It is possible to customize the look of your Stripe Checkout page, by uploading your logo and setting page colors by following these steps here.
How payment methods display on Stripe CheckoutStripe will automatically show the most relevant payment methods based on a buyer's geo-location (e.g. IP address) data. Based on a buyer's country, Stripe Checkout will present various payment methods in an order that's most popular for that geo-location.
Alternative payment methods and credit card storage in Bookeo
Even if you have set to store credit card details by ticking the Remember credit cards checkbox in Settings>Online payments, if
- you enable any payment methods in addition to Apple Pay and Goole Pay, and
- customers pay by credit card on the Stripe checkout page and not on the Bookeo booking page
it will not be possible to store credit card details in Bookeo.