If a customer returns to make more bookings, it is important to connect these bookings to his existing customer profile. This avoids having duplicate customer profiles. It is also important to verify the customer's identity/email address, so that he can use his stored card details, prepaid credits, and any other credit that may be associated with his profile.
Depending on your account settings, customers can sign as returning customers during the booking process, or from the customer area.
In this article:
- Signing in as returning customers during the booking process
- Signing in returning customers from the customer area
Signing in as returning customers during the booking process
Depending on the option selected in Settings>Booking preferences, in the Registration section, returning customers may be able to sign in as returning customers during the booking process, as shown in the table below.
|Customers can sign in as returning customers during the booking process
|Customers never have to set a password
|Customers have to set a password when they make their first booking
|Customers have to verify their email address or set a password only if they make a subsequent booking
* Customers can sign in as returning customers during the booking process only if you have enabled the "Sign in with Google" or "Sign in with Facebook" and customers select to sign in with their Google and Facebook credentials.
Signing in as returning customers from the customer area
If you have enabled the customer area, customers can sign into the customer area as returning customers, then make a booking. You can enable the customer area even if you have set that customers never have to set a password with your business, in Settings>Booking preferences, in the Registration section.
Customers who have not set a password for their account with your business can go to the Sign in page of your customer area and set a password , then log into their account, or - if you have enabled the Google and/or Facebook login - sign in with their Google or Facebook credentials 
How customers can set a password on the Customer area signin page
To set a password, customers should:
1. Click on the I forgot my password link in the customer area sign in page
2. Follow the steps to set a password
3. Go back to the customer area login page and log in as returning customers