Bookeo integrates with daily deals sites like Groupon and LivingSocial. You can define promotions linked to coupon codes purchased by customers so that every coupon code is validated and the discount automatically applied to the booking.
In this article:
- Create a Multiple coupon code promotion
- Select the services
- Discount types
- Additional taxes
- Promotion validity
- Gift vouchers
- Manage existing coupon codes
- Share promotions
Create a Multiple coupon code promotion
1. Go to Marketing>Promotions
2. Click on the New promotion button.
3. Type the name  of the promotion and, if you want, its description .
4. In the Promotion type section, from the scroll down menu, select multiple coupon codes (Groupon, LivingSocial..) 
5. In the Coupon code section, click on the Choose file  button to upload a .csv or .xls file containing coupon codes that Groupon, LivingSocial, etc. will provide.
Custom codesCustom codes are not automatically created by Groupon unless requested: you should ask your Groupon representative to provide the codes before your promotion starts so you can upload them into Bookeo.
6. From the Max. coupons per booking  scroll down menu, select how many coupons can be used in a single booking. For example, you can set a maximum 1 coupon per booking, or as many coupons as the number of participants.
7. Enable the Allow duplicates  checkbox if you want customers to make more than one booking with the same coupon number
DuplicatesIf you want to allow duplicates, you will have to upload the same coupon file for all the number of bookings allowed with the same coupon. For example, if customers can make 3 bookings with the same coupon number, you will have to upload the same coupon file 3 times.
8. Enable the Skip first row  checkbox if your file does not contain coupon codes in the first row.
9. If you are running a promotion with Rolling Expiry dates, tick the Expiration date  checkbox. If you tick this checkbox, Bookeo will take the expiration date of the coupon from the second column of the spreadsheet.
The coupon can only be used if the date booked is on or before the expiration date.
Excel cells must be formatted as text1. In your Excel spreadsheet, select the column you want to format.
2. Right-click, and then click Format Cells.
3. On the Number tab, click Text.
Select the services
1. In the Services  section, select the services for which the promotion will be valid, ticking the checkbox next to each service you provide.
2. In the Private bookings section, tick the checkbox this promotion can be used for private bookings if you want to enable the promotion for private bookings. This checkbox should be ticked if you want to apply the promotion to private bookings, and:
- In the Schedule tab, in the Private section, the class/tour/workshop is set as private
- You offer the class/tour/workshop as a group and private event - as set in the Price tab, in the Private event option section. Click here for more information
3. In the Courses section, set if the promotion is applicable to the entire course and late enrollment bookings, and/or to drop-in bookings in a course.
Courses booking modes
If you offer courses where a single booking is created for all the classes booked, you will have to select the promotion is applicable to bookings for a full course or late enrollments. If you set that the promotion is applicable to bookings for a drop-in class, the promotion will not be applicable to full course or late enrollments bookings for this course.
If you offer courses where one booking is created for each class booked, you will have to select the promotion is applicable to bookings for a drop-in class. The promotion will be also applicable to late enrollments. If you set that the promotion package is applicable to bookings for a full course or late enrollments, the promotion will not be applicable to bookings for this course.
1. In the Discount section, set the amount of the fixed or percent discount.
- If you allow multiple coupons (more than 1) per booking, you have to set a Fixed discount and select a Per coupon discount
If you offer additional options to upsell your booking, you have to set a Fixed discount. If you set the discount at 100%, the additional options will be offered with a 100% discount.
2. In the Pay later section, tick the Allow deferred payment checkbox if you want your customers to be able to choose if they want to pay at the time of booking or at a later time.
In the Additional taxes section, you can:
- set a tax that will be charged when this promotion is used
- waive a fixed tax when this promotion is used
Add a tax
1. In the Additional Tax section, you can set up a fixed tax that will be charged per coupon. Please check your State’s tax policy on daily deals. Some US states will charge sales tax on the full amount of the purchase as if there was no coupon. Others will not include the amount of the coupon in the taxable amount.
2. Click on the New button
3. From the Tax dropdown menu, select the tax
4. Set the fixed tax
Waive a tax
If you set a fixed discount and want to waive a fixed tax or fee, set in Settings>Taxes, you should create a negative Additional Tax. For example, if you charge a $2 admin fee per booking, you should set a -2 Additional Tax for that fee
1. In the Additional Tax section, click on the New button
2. From the Tax scroll down menu, select the tax
3. Set the fixed tax inputting a negative amount, for example, -2
1. In the Enable section, you can set if the promotion can be used for new bookings and purchases.
2. Input the validity of the promotion. Select if the promotion is:
- always valid, or
- if the booking or the time booked must be within specific dates.
3. To create the validity period, click on the New period button and:
a. Select the start and end dates to define the promotion period
b. Select the start and end time during these days or tick the "All day" checkbox
c. Select "do not repeat"
4. In the Days and Times section, you can restrict the days and times when the promotion is valid. Simply select "the start time of the booking must be within one of the following intervals.." and set when the promotion is valid. In our example, the promotion is valid if the time booked is from Monday to Friday, from 9am to 6pm.
5. In the Early bird section, you can offer the promotion only to customers that book a specific time in advance, for example, up to 1 week before the appointment.
6. In the Number of participants section, you can select a minimum and a maximum number of participants the promotion will work for per booking. For example, if a promotion is only valid for a booking with 4 participants, you should set min. 4, max. 4 participants. If a promotion is valid for up to 4 participants, then you will set min. 1, max 4 participants.
1. In the Gift vouchers  section, you can select if the promotion can be used when customers purchase a gift voucher.
2. In the Refund policy  section, you can set if and when you want to refund coupon codes if customers cancel their bookings.
Manage existing coupon codes
Once the promotion is created, you will be able to manage, add or replace existing coupon codes.
1. Go to Marketing>Promotions
2. Click on the specific promotion.
3. In the Coupon codes section, click on the Manage  button to get a report of how the promotion has been used.
4. You will be able to see when the coupons were used, and for which booking or gift voucher, and their expiration date if it was set.
You can click on a coupon to change its expiry date.
You can click on the NEW button to manually add a new coupon.
You can also import new coupon codes. Click here for more information.
You can copy the promotion link and share it with your customers, or you can click on the Facebook  and Twitter  button to post your promotion.
Posting your promotion on Facebook
Facebook does not allow you to post directly on your Facebook business page from any application, including Bookeo. To post your promotion on Facebook, you need to integrate Bookeo into your Facebook account.
Posting your promotion on Twitter
1. Click on the Twitter button next to the promotion you want to post.
2. You will be required to confirm the message you want to post.
The message is then posted on Twitter
By clicking on the link, customer will be redirected to your booking page, where Bookeo will show discounted prices next to strikethrough standard prices.