Promotions enable you to attract new or existing customers. They are great for increasing business activity during slow periods. For example, you can offer a $5 or 5% discount on treatments in September.
In this article:
- Create a Single code promotion
- Select the services
- Discount types
- Deferred payment
- Additional taxes
- Promotion validity
- Gift vouchers
- Usage limit
- Share promotions
Create a Single code promotion
1. Go to Marketing>Promotions
2. Click on the New promotion button
3. In the General section, input the name  of the promotion and, if you want, its Description .
4. From the Promotion type  scroll down menu, select single code
5. Input the promotion code  (a short string of numbers and/or letters that your customers will have to use to get a discount).
Select the services
1. Select the services/classes/tours for which the promotion will be valid, ticking the checkbox next to each service you provide.
2. In the Private bookings section, tick the checkbox this promotion can be used for private bookings if you want to enable the promotion for private bookings. This checkbox should be ticked if you want to apply the promotion to private bookings, and:
- In the Schedule tab, in the Private section, the class/tour/workshop is set as private
- You offer the class/tour/workshop as a group and private event - as set in the Price tab, in the Private event option section. Click here for more information
3. In the Courses section, set if the promotion is applicable to the entire course and late enrollment bookings, and/or to drop-in bookings in a course.
Courses booking modes
If you offer courses where a single booking is created for all the classes booked, you will have to select the promotion is applicable to bookings for a full course or late enrollments. If you set that the promotion is applicable to bookings for a drop-in class, the promotion will not be applicable to full course or late enrollments bookings for this course.
If you offer courses where one booking is created for each class booked, you will have to select the promotion is applicable to bookings for a drop-in class. The promotion will be also applicable to late enrollments. If you set that the promotion package is applicable to bookings for a full course or late enrollments, the promotion will not be applicable to bookings for this course.
1. In the Discount section, set if you want to offer:
a) fixed discount
2. From the Discount  scroll down menu, select fixed from
3. In the Amount  field, input the discount
4. From the Type  scroll down menu, select if the discount has to be applied:
- to the total price of the booking. For example, you offer a $10 discount on the total price of the booking. If the total amount of the booking is $100, the customer will have to pay $90 (total $100- discount $10)
- per person. For example, you offer a $10 discount per person. If a customer makes a booking for 2 people and the total amount of the booking is $100, the customer will have to pay $80 (total $100- discount $20)
- per coupon. ( This option is for multiple code promotions only)
b) percent discount
5. From the Discount  scroll down menu, select percentage
6. From the Percentage  scroll down menu, select the percent discount rate
Promotions and additional optionsIf you offer additional options to upsell your booking, you have to set a Fixed discount. If you set the discount at 100%, the additional options will be offered with a 100% discount.
1. Tick the Allow deferred payment  checkbox if you want to let your customers decide if they want to pay at the time of booking or at the time of their visit.
In the Additional taxes section, you can:
- set a tax that will be charged when this promotion is used
- waive a fixed tax when this promotion is used
Add a tax
1. In the Additional Tax section, you can set up a fixed tax that will be charged per coupon. Please check your State’s tax policy on daily deals. Some US states will charge sales tax on the full amount of the purchase as if there was no coupon. Others will not include the amount of the coupon in the taxable amount.
2. Click on the New button
3. From the Tax dropdown menu, select the tax
4. Set the fixed tax
Waive a tax
If you set a fixed discount and want to waive a fixed tax or fee, set in Settings>Taxes, you should create a negative Additional Tax. For example, if you charge a $2 admin fee per booking, you should set a -2 Additional Tax for that fee
1. In the Additional Tax section, click on the New button
2. From the Tax scroll down menu, select the tax
3. Set the fixed tax inputting a negative amount, for example, -2
1. In the Enable section, you can set if the promotion can be used for new bookings and purchases.
2. In the Validity  section, input the validity of the promotion.
Select if the promotion is:
- the promotion is always valid, or
- if the time booked must be between specific periods
- if the time when the booking is created must be within specific periods
For example;If on May 10 a customer makes a booking for May 30:
- May 10 is the date when the booking is created
- May 30 is the time booked
3. In the Days and Times  section, you can restrict the days and times when the promotion is valid. Simply select "the start time of the booking must be within one of the following intervals.." and set when the promotion is valid. In our example, the promotion is valid if the time booked is from Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 6 pm.
4. In the Early bird  section, you can offer the promotion only to customers that book a specific time in advance, for example, up to 2 weeks before the appointment.
5. In the Number of participants  section, you can select a minimum and a maximum number of participants the promotion will work for per booking. For example, if a promotion is only valid for a booking with 4 participants, you should set min. 4, max. 4 participants. If a promotion is valid for up to 4 participants, then you will set min. 1, max 4 participants.
1. In the Gift vouchers  section, set if this promotion code can be used to purchase specific gift vouchers and/or generic gift vouchers.
Promotions and gift vouchersIt is not possible to apply a promotion to gift vouchers if:
- the promotion is set to be valid only on specific days/times of the week
- the promotion is valid only if the time booked is within specific periods
If the promotion can be used to purchase generic gift vouchers, it cannot also be used to make bookings.
2. If the promotion is valid for generic gift vouchers, in the Voucher amounts section, you can select if the promotion is valid for all the gift voucher amounts or only for some of them.
1. In the Usage limit section, from the Usage limit per customer  scroll down menu, you can set how many times a promotion code can be used by a single customer.
2. From the Usage limit (across all customers)  drop-down menu, you can set how many times a promotion code can be used overall by all your customers.
How Bookeo identifies customersBookeo uses the customer’s email address to identify the customer – not the customer’s name and surname - so it is possible that a sneaky customer could use an alias email address to use a promo code multiple times.
You can copy the promotion link and share it with your customers, or you can click on the Facebook  and Twitter  button to post your promotion.
Posting your promotion on Facebook
Facebook does not allow you to post directly on your Facebook business page from any application, including Bookeo. To post your promotion on Facebook, you need to integrate Bookeo into your Facebook account.
Posting your promotion on Twitter
1. Click on the Twitter button next to the promotion you want to post.
2. You will be required to confirm the message you want to post.
The message is then posted on Twitter
By clicking on the link, customers will be redirected to your booking page, where Bookeo will show discounted prices next to strikethrough standard prices.