As in price of $10 including Sales Tax @ 10%
1. Set up a Sales Tax included in item prices:
- Go to Settings>Taxes
- Click on the New tax button to create a new tax.
2. In the General section, set the tax name in the Name field - the name will be shown to your customers in the price breakdown, before any payment is required to proceed with the booking.
3. Tick the Enabled checkbox to enable the tax.
4. From the Type dropdown menu, you can select if the tax is:
- a government tax- for example, a sales or state tax -, or
- a booking fee- for example, fees charged by a business on bookings (ex. transaction fees, administration fees), or park entry fees.
5. Set Sales Tax rate
- In the Tax Rate section, select Percentage from the scroll down menu
- Input the per cent rate. If your Sales Tax is @ 5%, input 5%.
6. Set Sales Tax exemption (by location) - In the Apply to section, you can set a Sales Tax exemption for customers depending on their location. Some Sales Taxes may only apply to customers from your country, from your state and so on. If your Sales Tax applies to all your customers, leave "everyone".
7. To set that the Sales Tax is included in item price, select the prices listed include this tax in the Prices section.
8. Set when the Sales Tax should/should not be applied
You can set that the Sales Tax will ONLY be applied by Bookeo if the booking is created during a specific period of time and/or if the time booked is between a specific period of time.
This feature is useful, for example, when a tax is replaced by a new tax.
Simply click on the New period button to create a time when the tax should or should not be applied.