A Per Person Tax is, for example, a Park Fee, or an Entry Fee, or an admin. fee charged per person.
For example a National Park Fee @ $20 per person.
1. Go to Settings>Taxes
2. Click on the New tax button to create a new tax.
3. In the General section, input the tax Name in the name field.
The name will be shown to your customers in the price breakdown - before any payment is required to proceed with the booking - as shown above.
4. Tick the Enabled checkbox to enable the tax.
5. From the Type dropdown menu, you can select if the tax is:
- a government tax- for example, a sales or state tax -, or
- a booking fee- for example, fees charged by a business on bookings (ex. transaction fees, administration fees), or park entry fees.
6. Set Fixed Tax rate
In the Tax Rate section, select Fixed from the scroll down menu, and input the amount. If your Per Person Tax is @ $5, input $5.
7. Set Per Person Tax exemption (by location)
In the Apply to section, you can set a Tax exemption for customers depending on their location. Some Taxes may only apply to customers from your country, from your state and so on. If your Sales Tax applies to all your customers, leave everyone.
8. In the Prices section, select if Per Person Tax is included or not included in price.
9. Set when the Per Person Tax should/should not be applied
You can set that this tax will ONLY be applied by Bookeo if the booking is created during a specific period of time and/or if the time booked is between a specific period of time.
This feature is useful, for example, when a tax is replaced by a new tax.
Simply click on the New period button to create a time when the tax should or should not be applied.