Compound (stacked) Taxes are special taxes calculated after and on top of a primary tax.
For example, you can have a Compound Tax @ 7% charged on the selling price of $10 + Sales Tax @ 5%
1. To set up a Compound (Stacked) Tax:
- Go to Settings>Taxes
- Click on the New tax button to create a new tax.
2. In the General section, set the tax Name in the name field - the name will be shown to your customers in the price breakdown, before any payment is required to proceed with the booking
3. Tick the Enabled checkbox to enable the tax.
4. Tick the Compound tax checkbox
5. In the Tax Rate section, select Percentage from the scroll down menu, and input the per cent rate. If your Compound Tax is @ 5%, input 5%.
6. Set Compound Tax exemption (by location)
In the Apply to section, you can set a Compound Tax exemption for customers depending on their location. Some Compound Taxes may only apply to customers from your country, from your state and so on. If your Compound Tax applies to all your customers, leave everyone.
7. Set Compound Tax as included/not included in item price. In the Prices section, select if the prices listed:
- include or
- do not include this tax
8. Set when the Compound Tax should/should not be applied
You can set that the Sales Tax will ONLY be applied by Bookeo if the booking is created during a specific period of time and/or if the time booked is between a specific period of time.
This feature is useful, for example, when a tax is replaced by a new tax.
Simply click on the New period button to create a time when the tax should or should not be applied.
In Bookeo, you can set what taxes apply to every single service, class, tour you offer and to every single additional option. You can also set what taxes apply to your prepaid packages and memberships.