A Fixed Tax can be an administration fee charged per booking. For example a $3 administration fee on each booking.
1. To set up a Fixed Tax:
- Go to Settings>Taxes
- Click on the New tax button to create a new tax.
2. In the General section, set the tax Name in the name field - the name will be shown to your customers in the price breakdown, before any payment is required to proceed with the booking
3. Tick the Enabled checkbox to enable the tax.
4. Set a Fixed Tax rate - in the Tax Rate section, select Fixed from the scroll down menu, and input the amount. If your Fixed Tax is @ $5, input $5.
5. Set Fixed Tax exemption (by location)
In the Apply to section, you can set a Fixed Tax exemption for customers depending on their location. Some Fixed Taxes may only apply to customers from your country, from your state and so on. If your Compound Tax applies to all your customers, leave everyone.
6. Set Fixed Tax as included/not included in price - in the Prices section, select if the prices listed:
- include or
- do not include this tax
7. Set when the Compound Tax should/should not be applied
You can set that the Sales Tax will ONLY be applied by Bookeo if the booking is created during a specific period of time and/or if the time booked is between a specific period of time.
This feature is useful, for example, when a tax is replaced by a new tax.
Simply click on the New period button to create a time when the tax should or should not be applied.