With Bookeo you can sell your tours and activities on Viator. Viator is now part of TripAdvisor, which means that listings in Viator can also be displayed in TripAdvisor.
In this article:
- Enable the integration with Viator/Tripadvisor
- Types of tours supported by Viator/Tripadvisor
- Unconfirmed bookings
- Additional options
- Changes to your tours/activities
In your Bookeo Tours and Activities account:
1. Go to Marketing>Distribution channels
2. Click on Viator/Tripadvisor
3. Tick the Enable Viator integration  checkbox
4. Select the closest city from the Your location  scroll down menu
5. Viator uses 5 fixed categories of people in its reservations. In the Participants  section, you can set to which categories they correspond in Bookeo.
6. Select how Payments  should be recorded for bookings received through Viator.
7. Tick the Reminders  check box if you want to let Bookeo send reminders for bookings created by Viator.
8. Tick the Thank you email  check box if you want to let Bookeo send a follow-up email for bookings created by Viator.
9. Click on OK
10. After saving the changes, in the API Key  section, you can see your Viator API Key
11. Click on the Download  button to download a PDF file
12. Contact your Viator representative and send the PDF file that you downloaded. With the information included in the file, Viator will be able to start the onboarding process.
Types of tours supported by Viator/Tripadvisor
The integration is included in the monthly subscription of your Bookeo Tours and Activities account. The integration is specific to Bookeo Tours and Activities. It is not available for Bookeo Appointments or Bookeo Classes and Courses. Bookeo will not charge any commission on bookings made through Viator, but Viator may apply its own fees.
The purpose of the Viator integration, as set by Viator, is to show real-time availability to customers, and to provide real-time booking confirmations. When using the integration, it is not possible to have "pending requests" that you can accept or deny. Real-time bookings from Viator are always confirmed immediately.
Viator does not support additional options. So if you have set up additional options to your tours in the Options tab, the additional options will not be offered to customers making a booking via Viator/Tripadvisor.
Changes to your tours/activities
Once connected, we strongly recommend that you reach out to your Viator Account Manager directly if you change your tours/activities - for example if you change your tour schedule and availability - since this could possibly break the mapping and cause bookings to fail.